Tuesday, September 1, 2015

School

The fist week of school

Logan:  had a very, very hard time with this transition.  I'm still trying to gage his needs this year.  It's been difficult.

Izzy:  amazing time.  She loves her teacher.  Loves school, etc etc. she's one of a kind.

Izzy has been reaching out to me about 'people who's brains work a little differently than ours.'  I told her this when  she asked detailed questions about Logan.  We've talked about including people into your friendship circle who might not be able to talk about how much they want to be friends or who sometimes just don't know how to be a good friend.  She was awesome and totally 'got it.'  She realized how hard it was for Logan to make new friends and how she would try to include people in her group who maybe weren't the best at making new friends.  I was super proud.  We also talked a lot about empathy and what it means.  I honestly (100% serious) feel like if you have empathy you are well on your way to being a fantastic and meaningful human being.  I honestly feel like empathy is our greatest asset as human beings.

Anyway, I will attempt to update this blog as often as possible.  But honestly, if you want to know what's going on....call.  I know it's outdated, but just call.  

We are very VERY overwhelmed with taking care of our amazing little autistic boy that we just can't update this little blog all the time. We always ALWAYS appreciate respite care. If you can provide any, we are so very appreciative! 

We have friends, and my parents who come any time they are needed, but even just and hour or two or so very much appreciated!  Thank you to my little village who helps us continuously!

No comments:

Post a Comment