Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Logan!

Last night I said to Brian in bed "wow, I can't believe it's been three years to the day that I went into labor with Logan."  Brian replied "I can't believe it's ONLY been three years."

Some days it seems like just yesterday we brought that 10lb 2oz baby boy home and then other days it seems like lifetimes ago.

Today Isabel and I went into Logan's room to serenade him with "Happy Birthday to You."  He was not a fan.  He had a meltdown and wouldn't stop screaming for about 20 minutes.  It wasn't the greatest morning.  I think we scared him.

We headed off to preschool and were greeted outside Logan's classroom with the most amazing balloon cut outs and a Happy Birthday Logan sign.  His teachers really love him and it was very special.
I made cupcakes.  Logan was pretty excited.  I love when he feels special and that life is all about him even for just a few minutes.




After school we went to HEB to get some groceries and a "Toy Story" balloon.  We baked some more cupcakes and our friend Allison came over.  We had pizza for dinner and ate too many cupcakes.







This happened while I was on the phone with GGB for 5 minutes.  Stinker!

Guilty!

This one was not innocent either.





Present from Daddy.  Earphones for the race on Sunday.







It was a good day.  I think Logan had fun, even if he still want exactly sure what the whole bday thing is all about.  Gramma called and sang Happy Birthday before school and then GGB called and sang this evening.  Grammy call later on to say hi.

Logan's teacher said he's really starting to play and socialize with the other kids in the class.  Such a nice thing to hear, especially on his birthday.  He's feeling better and has been sleeping a little better.  We're able to brush his teeth.  I don't know when we'll be able to floss again, but small steps.  The dentist said flossing can take a back seat for the next couple of weeks.  Luckily Logan was able to eat 3 cupcakes today with no teeth problems.  Phew!

We're hosting playgroup tomorrow and then are surprising the kids with Disney on Ice on Saturday.  Fun!  I'm super excited about it!  There was a Groupon today for the super V8 car races at the Circuit of the Americas today.  Brian is going to take Logan on Sunday!  I can't wait to see if he likes it.  Hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment