Sunday, August 18, 2013

Last Day of School

The kids had their last day of school on Thursday.  They have a week break and then they move on to their classroom for next year.  They both had great years!  I was beyond thrilled with both of their teachers.  I will miss Logan's teachers tremendously.  They have both been huge cheerleaders for him and I really really appreciated that.  Isabel's lead teacher will be Logan's teacher next year (yay!), but this means that his classmates will not be in his class as they all have a different teacher.  I think this was the best decision for him.  Because he already knows the teacher and room I feel like it will be an easier transition on him.  At least I hope so.  We will miss his friends, but honestly, it wasn't a very cohesive group.  I'm excited to see what this year has in store for Logan!  We're still waiting on his AISD evaluation and to see if he will go into the PPCD program.












I'm so pleased and excited about Isabel's teacher for next year.  I've heard great things about her and I'm so excited that Isabel will be in her class!  She is very sweet and has a masters degree in early childhood education.  She has had children in her classroom with peanut allergies, so it's not new to her.  She was very receptive to the letter we gave her to pass along to the other parents in the classroom about Isabel's allergies.  We also printed out the snack safely list that I printed out online.  She was happy to have that information and hand it out to the parents as well.  Isabel was excited to demonstrate the new Auvi-Q epinephrine injection trainer.  She nailed it again!  I know we (obviously) can't rely on Isabel to inject herself, or know when to inject herself, but the fact that she knows how to do it and hopefully will not be as afraid if we ever need to use it on her.

I'm currently writing lists and then more lists trying to prepare for our Montana/California adventure.  There is a lot to think about.  We packed and sent a suitcase ahead in the RV, so I'm trying to just take carry on luggage.  I'll have a car seat, carry on luggage and both kids to wrangle with a 37 minute layover in Denver.  Oh, and I also have to try and be really nice and ask the passengers around me to not open peanuts during the flights. At least Frontier doesn't serve peanuts during the flight.  We'll have at least 6 auto injectors of epinephrine with us.  We also need to carry on our nebulizer and all of our liquid xopenex.  It's not huge, so that's a plus.  Just lots to strategize and organize.  I'm really really excited though!  Isabel has been talking about going to GGBs house and the trail she pained with chalk last year.  Can't wait to see my brother and sister and nephews!  We all miss Tank too, so it will be nice to see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment