Monday, October 28, 2013

Nightmares

Last night Logan had a nightmare about spiders.  Brian went in to calm him down and he flipped out.  He was screaming and trembling and was convinced that spiders were everywhere.  It was so sad to see.  Poor little guy.  I tried calming him down too, but he just wasn't having it.  We eventually got him to stop convulsing and shivering like a drug addict who needed a fix, but it took a long time.  We eventually decided that TV in our bed at 2:30am was likely the only way we were going to get any sleep.  It worked.  Little dude passed out after his show and slept until almost 8am!  I'm not looking forward to tonight.  He's already had a couple of freak outs and convulsions thinking about the spider in his bed.  :-(  It's so bad that you can't touch him because he thinks it's a spider.

Mondays are our pretty calm, not overly scheduled day of the week.  Today we had a birthday party at a park after playgroup from 4-6pm.  Not a great time for tired kids.  We lasted about an hour and then I had had enough.  This little girl was being just being mean to Izzy and kept coming over to tell me she didn't want Izzy to play with her and that she wanted to be alone.  Um, Ok.  We're at a birthday party with 30+ other kids.  Good luck finding that alone time.  And Izzy was just doing her own thing.  It's one thing to hear whining from your own kids but to hear it from other people's it another.  I seriously was about to go postal because her Grandma brought her and was totally oblivious to how obnoxious she was being, but thought better of it and tried to get away from her.  So we moved and this girl follows us and tells me again how Izzy is bothering her and won't leave her alone.  I'm like 'listen homegirl.  Back the eff up!

I don't know what your deal is, but you need to go have a chat with Gma over there because this Mom ain't havin' it.'  Gma finally realized what a little shit her granddaughter was being and came over to talk to her.  Gma did some regulating, which was sort of fun to see.  I was just glad it wasn't Izzy being the little shit for once.  And Izzy did get a little butt hurt over the whole thing, which always sucks to see.

So after Logan decided he needs to start flinging shit all over the place I decide it's time to get to peace out.
Isabel also started to get itchy eyes, so it was time.

I have a post saved about how life has been the past few weeks, but I realized how whiney it sounded, so haven't hit publish.  Basically we're scraping by to send Logan to therapy and now to try and get Brian's car fixed (it needs a new engine), and his truck tuned up in the meantime.  The truck got new brake pads and a new starter Saturday from Brian.  We're hoping a friend of a friend can do an engine swap on the Mazda for a reasonable price.  The shop the Mazda is at now quoted Brian almost $7k.  Hahaha.  So Halloween activities have been low key.  Gramma came a couple of weekends ago and spoiled us with a trip to a pumpkin patch and some lunches and watching the kids (including putting both to bed by herself!!!!) while we went to see a movie!!!!

Picking flowers at Sweet Berry Farm
Lunch!
A rousing game of tic-tac-toe
Logan stole Izzy seat for a minute.
Gramma checking out the 'train.
Riding the train!
Not a bad day!!!

I got a random FB message from one of my sister's friends Saturday morning.  He basically said he was in Austin for a company event and had prepaid for a bunch of spa treatments at this amazing spa downtown and a girl flaked, so if I wanted a massage and facial to be there at 10am.  Done.  Massage was good.  Facial was amazing!  Even gratuity was paid for!  I couldn't believe it.  Almost $300 in spa treatments for free.  What a nice guy.  I owe him one....or a million!


My super happy grateful face.

We have trick or treating at the retirement home tomorrow, an activity that I personally just love.  Seeing the older folks with the younger ones is just so fun.  And then the big parade and party at school on Thursday.  Fun!  Can't wait to see how it all goes!

I'll leave you with this gem of a conversation with Isabel:
Izzy:  One day will I have lots of hairs on my toes like Daddy?
before I can answer (and secretly glad she didn't say 'like mommy.')
Izzy:  and LOGAN YOU WILL HAVE HAIR ON YOUR PENIS!!!!!

I died laughing.  The end.

This dude.  Please please please sleep in your own room tonight!

1 comment:

  1. We have had the spider nightmare....solved by froggy pillowpet which eats spiders. Feel free to whine; I get it. I love the hair on penis comment!

    ReplyDelete