Sunday, October 13, 2013

Visitors!

First some random pictures!
Logan's swing is up!
Like a boss.

Snacks.

Delicious pumpkin loaf!

Sad soup.  :-(

Sad bread.  :(


The Yuans came to visit us for a few days this week.  We had fun hanging out and playing.  We hit up the Austin Science and Nature Center for a little bit and then showed Elizabeth what Chick fil a is all about.  Yum!  Mark stood in line for 3 hours at Franklin's BBQ and treated us to some delicious food.  Not sure if I would be willing to wait 3 hours for it, but it was good!  You have to get in line around 9 or 9:30am to get guaranteed food when they open at 11am.  Mark got there around 9:45am and didn't get food until about 1pm.  This place sells out every single day.  Crazy!

We stayed up talking too late most nights and Isabel had her fist real sleepover.  Elizabeth and Isabel shared Izzy's bed and managed to get some sleep.  The first night it took a long time for them to fall asleep and they were up from 4:30am until 6am or so, but then they fell asleep until almost 9am.  Last night they slept until 7am.  I think Isabel is pretty tired from all of the toy sharing and fun.
Elizabeth and Isabel

Friday I'm having some old coworkers over.  I'm excited to see them again, but not excited about all of the work I have to do to get the house back in order.  It's amazing how quickly hours of cleaning and work can get destroyed with 4 extra people in the house!  Totally worth it though.

Since I didn't get this post up before the weekend I'll update that too!  Friday my lovely friends stayed until almost 1am!  We had a lot of fun laughing and catching up.  I do miss those girls.  I love that we started out gossiping about former coworkers and then ended up discussing Obamacare.  We are a bunch of smarty pants if I do say so myself!  ;-)

This weekend we stayed close to home and watched college football Saturday.  My Aggies!!!!  What a great game.  So glad LSU won too.  It poured last night for HOURS.  Like really serious downpours.  It was amazing.  Brian said we got more rain in 12 hours than we did all of last year!  So there was flooding going on today in parts of Austin.  The last day of ACL Fest was cancelled due to flooding at Zilker Park.  Crazy.  We made a trip to Ikea.  We needed to pick up the hooks to put up Logan's swing.  We searched the whole house last week looking for the silly hooks.  So after everyone is in the car ready to go I said 'hang on a minute, I need to get the Ikea Family card.'  Yep, found the hooks!  Since the kids were really excited about going to Ikea (they get to play in the play area while we shop), we decided to go anyway.  We dropped the kids off and went to the cafeteria for 99 cent breakfast!  Woohoo!  A pseudo date!  While we were there we wanted to check out the flooring options for Isabel's room.  We need to get that carpet out soon.  Ikea is discontinuing their flooring line.  I thought maybe we could get some for cheap since we just need to do a small area, but it was too much of a hassle to try and find someone and look at samples.  We picked the kids up and left.  I did pick up a new cookie sheet!

I put together a meal calendar for Logan's teacher last year.  She had back surgery and was in the hospital for a week.  We're going to try and provide meals 3xs a week for a month.  My first day is tomorrow and I'm attempting to make another pumpkin chocolate chip loaf.  I made a huge loaf when the Yuans were in town and it turned out perfect.  So good.  The problem is is that I have no idea how to bake it.  It was in the oven and the power went out for about an hour and a half.  I decided to try and salvage it and rebaked it.  It worked!  The chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot and bread in the breadmaker couldn't be saved.  I didn't want to be responsible for food poisoning so I tossed the chicken.  It was sad.

More random pictures from the camera.


Hike a couple of weeks ago.




Waterfall behind us....kind of.

They were SO tired. 


Logan was done.  Good thing it was just a few hundred feet back to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment