Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First Day, Dentist, and Walking Pneumonia

Logan's first day at Kiker was today!  He did great!  He told me he had fun.  Ms. Martha said he had a little tear at the corner of his eye and was asking for Mommy, but it was at the end of the 3 hour day and it didn't end in him getting upset.  Tomorrow he can ride the bus the very short ride home.  I wasn't planning on doing the bus at all, but everyone of the 3 year olds rides the bus and I guess a couple of kids who weren't riding initially got really upset because they wanted to, so now everyone does.  It was definitely a challenge getting them out the door at 7:35am this morning!  Brian came home and asked Logan how school was and he said 'better.'  How sad/cute is that?  I think it's going to be a great fit.  :-)

After school we hit up a park, came home for lunch and then headed out to Isabel and Logan's dental checkups.  Logan's teeth looked good (thank the good lord), but Isabel had a tiny cavity.  It was so small that they didn't even numb her, just gave her some nitrous oxide and drilled and filled.  Easy peasy.  She was a rock star.  They both were SO good.  After that we raced over to dance class.  It was costume measuring day today.  Got that all done.  We hit up another park and then went home to wait for Brian so that I could go to the doctor.  I finally broke down after almost 3 weeks of this horrible cough and made an appointment with the easy care clinic for 6pm.  Turns out modern medicine does have its place in my body.  Something about walking pneumonia, whatever that means.  I'm now the proud owner of my very own peak flow meter.  Isabel and I will have contests.  At least with both of us taking the same meds we have tons of them on hand at any given moment.  But seriously, this cough has got to stop.  It's kept me up at night for way too many nights.

Brian also went to the doctor up North at lunch today.  He got loaded up with meds.  He's just on the 3rd day of a sinus infection and decided to seek help.  Because he's smart like that.  I really wish they would let you put in like $50,000/year in your healthcare flexible spending account.  We would use that up in about 3 months.





No comments:

Post a Comment