Thursday, August 26, 2010

Preschool and Toes!

Isabel started preschool yesterday. It's a bit early as she's only 16 months, but when I had Brian go at 5am and stand in line for a spot when I was about 7 months pregnant and very very sick with food poisoning I thought it was a great idea. Now that Logan is here I still think it's a good idea, but it's hard to be away from her for so long! The program is 5 hours long 2 days per week. We had orientation Monday night and met her teachers. They were both super nice. Her room was smaller than I anticipated, but I think they go outside, for walks and into the playroom lots throughout the day. When I dropped her off I tried to sneak out while she was playing. Most of the other kiddos were crying and it was chaos. I thought if I could avoid a freak-out and give the teachers space to do their thing it would be better. I think they appreciated that I didn't stick around and hover, but as I was walking out I heard Izzy start to cry. :-( Since Logan was crying I had to get moving, but once I was in the car the big crocodile tears came. After a pep talk from Brian things were fine until I realized that I had to go back home, get her info sheet, and head back to school. I can't believe I forgot it. Important things like the fact that she needs 2 pacis to sleep are on it! I pulled back into the parking lot and saw the kids outside playing. I didn't see Iz because I think she was in the little mushroom house, but it looked like everyone was happy. I snuck around back and dropped her paper off before she caught me. When I came to pick her up she saw me, smiled and then had a meltdown. I didn't let it bother me too much because I knew she was super tired and hadn't napped. I also remember Donna telling us that if they cry when they see you it means they trust you and can let their guard down. She was back to normal when we made it back home. After a 3 hour nap she told Daddy all about her first day. He was impressed with the little hand prints she made on construction paper.

Logan is doing great. We thought about taking out the dream feed at 10 or 11pm and he slept until 5am the other day! That's 7:30pm to 5am without nursing! Two nights ago he was up a couple of times, but we managed to get him back to sleep with a little patting and paci placement. Last night he was up at 1:30am and went back to sleep, but he was up at 3:30am and needed to eat. Still not sure if I should add back in the dream feed or not. If I do I'm pretty sure he'll be able to sleep until 5 or 6am, but I leave for the gym at 5am and would need to wake him up to eat. I really hate doing that since we're trying to get him to sleep through the night.

Logan has also found his feet! It's so cute to watch him grab both feet and pull on his toes with both hands. He's super smiley and giggles when you make funny faces or tickle him. Last night at dinner Izzy was holding his hand and he was smiling at her. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment