Monday, August 9, 2010

Transitioning to one nap a day

I'm trying to transition Isabel from 2 naps a day down to 1. My girl loves her sleep! I usually have to wake her up from her sometimes 2 hour naps and she almost always sleeps 12 -13 hours at night. It awesome! So why am I trying to move her to one nap? She's starting 'school' at the end of the month twice a week and she won't be able to get her morning nap in. I don't want her to be a complete mess, so we're trying to get her used to it. Also, I miss my little girl during the day! I feel like we're a slave to the naps and miss doing lots of fun things because of naps. Since she's 16 months old now she shoild be able to handle the loss of sleep. Last week went pretty well, but by Saturday she needed some extra sleep had 2 naps.

Logan is starting to sleep for longer periods of time if I put him down swaddled in the co-sleeper. I almost forgot that he also started reaching for toys. It's so funny to watch him batting at things. His current favorite is a little moose that I hang from his gym mat. He also likes to turn his head and watch tv. *sigh* There goes my catching up on crap tv while Izzy is sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment