Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bye Bye Paci

It's only been 9 hours since 'Operation No Paci for Isabel' and I'm already about to crack. Isabel decided that she can chomp off the end of her paci, so it's a choking hazard and has to go. She really wanted me to paint her fingernails like mine so I told her only big girls can have their nails painted. I suddenly decided this was the perfect time to kick the paci out. We went upstairs and collected the 6 from her crib and grabbed the 2 from the car and Isabel tossed them in the trash herself. She had no problems doing it, so I was hopeful. We painted her nails and she was super excited. A ride in the car was the first test. She whined for the pacis, but I was able to distract her pretty easily. When we got home it was nap time. TOTAL disaster. She full on screamed for 20 minutes about no pacis. OMG. I thought I was going to have a panic attack or go for the vodka at 3pm. She slept for 20 minutes and then woke up and decided to scream more. She woke Logan up, so I had two kids on 20 and 30 minute naps. Awesome! I told Isabel she was a big girl for taking a nap without pacis and that she could watch 'Boos a Bees' because she was such a big girl and big girls can watch movies. She's watching the rest of it now after dinner and bath time. I'm crossing my fingers that there are minimal hysterics tonight when it's bedtime. We'll see. I texted Brian on his way home that he needed to get some beer to get through tonight. Who knows, maybe it'll go off without a hitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment