Sunday, November 18, 2012

F1 weekend and let the holidays begin!

This weekend was finally the big F1 race here in Austin. We have been looking forward to this weekend for months! Brian, papaw and grandpa headed out Saturday morning to watch practice #2. They came back right after to watch the Montana vs Montana state football game. Go cats!

Gramma, Grammy the kids and I headed out to walk around the domain for a bit. I saw that the new H&M store was opening and thought that might be fun. I checked the traffic maps before we left and it was totally green, so off we went. We got there and the line to go into the store was CRAZY long. No freaking way. It was a beautiful day out and we just walked around and ate at CPK. No H&M this weekend!

Today the guys headed out to the track early. I did a little target shopping while the kids and grammas went to the park. We made papaw a cake for his birthday and that was about it!

The race was a big success for Austin. I didn't notice any traffic problems at all and the guys had no trouble getting to and from the race. I guess the whole 'prepare for the worst' thing really worked out. A+ Austin!

I have most of the inside Christmas decorations up in the house, but as we were putting the ornaments on the tree I noticed some sort of rodent poop on the box. Gross!!!! I made Brian pack everything up and got the can of Lysol out and sprayed everything. I'm not sure what to do. Do I hose all the ornaments off? Soak them in bleach water and hope they survive? Spray them with Lysol? Soooo nasty and frustrating. For the time being we will just have an undecorated tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment