Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

It's Valentine's Day!  I'm not one of those overly crazed V Day people, nor do I hate the Hallmark Holiday.  I just think it's a sweet day to remember and remind people you care and love that you do in fact care and love them.  What's the harm in that?  We had a rocky start today.  Logan was just miserable.  Not sure what was going on, but I was not sad to say bye to him at preschool this morning.  Of course his teachers said he had a great day and that he actually followed friends around and wanted to play.  This is huge people....HUGE!  His class didn't have an official party, we just made Valentines for his friends and sent his teachers a little gift and flowers.

Isabel was very very excited about Valentine's Day.  She loves the little conversation hearts.  I went to 4 different stores trying to find her some that didn't have the dreaded peanut/tree nut allergy warning.  I looked online and Target supposedly carried the brand that is safe.  After a couple of attempts I found some!  I bought 24 boxes because her teacher wanted 14 boxes for the kids for a graphing project.  I think I might have yelled out YAAAAYYY and YEEEESSSS in Target when I found them.  She had a little V Day party and handed out Valentines and had a cupcake.  She is on a massive sugar rush right now.

I ran about 6 miles and then did some yard work today.  After a super quick shower I headed back to the school for Izzy's party.  The hardware for the cabinets came in today (holla to the USPS....LOVE them!) so I'm anxious to get that put on.

A sweet friend from Isabel's class is moving to Ireland next week and his mom is hosting a play date tomorrow to say goodbye.  Logan has 2 hours of therapy, so I'm hoping Izzy and I can swing by in between.  After the play date Isabel is having her school BFF come over for a couple of hours.  Should be fun!  Grammy and Papaw are coming this weekend too, so we need to finally get the sheets back on the guest bed!














No comments:

Post a Comment