Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March and Routines




It's March and time for another picture to send off to The Africas and Aunt Jenn. Don't be fooled, Logan is about 2 seconds away from falling off the frog.

I thought I would put down what my daily routine is like. There was a section like this in Vivian's baby book that I completely left blank and wish I had filled it in. So, Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do 4-5 loads of laundry each day. Every day I get up at 4:45am, nurse Logan, hit the gym, come home, get coffee, shower and get ready for the day, pack Isabel's lunch for school and then get Izzy and Logan up by 8am if they're not already up. Since it's been lighter out these days they're both usually up around 7:30am. Boo. I miss the 8:30am sleeping in. We leave for school at 8:40am and I get back with Logan around 9:10am. We play and I clean up breakfast until Logan goes down for a nap around 10 or 11am. Logan normally naps for around 45 minutes to an hour in the morning so I'm usually running around doing laundry or cleaning. I mean literally running. He gets up around noon and we catch up on Jersey Shore play some more. We leave to pick Isabel up at 1:30pm and get back around 2 or 2:15pm. I give Isabel a snack and milk and she play some and then I try to put them both down for naps around 2:30 or 2:45pm. Then I RUN upstairs to try and take a nap myself. I've found if I don't get a tiny cat nap in the afternoons I almost can't make it until bedtime. It's tough. Logan is almost always up at 4pm and we play and I try and fold laundry and clean until Isabel is up around 5pm. Then it's a madhouse trying to get dinner going. Sometimes I make it, sometimes it's Lean Cuisine. It all depends on how many tantrums I've had to listen to that day. On Tuesday and Thursday instead of dropping Isabel off at school I got to the grocery store or run other errands that I need to. I try to limit the shopping to one store a day otherwise it's meltdown city and people looking at me with evil eyes. Sometimes this happens when we hit just one store. It all depends on how wrinkled Isabel and Logan's sheets were the night before. It may seem boring, but it's a lot of fun and we laugh lots. It is also very hard work. Isabel has reached an incredibly cute phase. She's talking much more and says 'wow, nnneeat!' when she's really excited about something. Today the object of her affection was her kung fu panda that she had to take to school.

While I was picking Isabel up today a women stopped me and asked if I was Isabel's mom. Never a good sign. Anyway, she asked if we could get together with just us and our daughters. (um, ok). I must have given her a 'what the eff are you talking about' look because she then said 'I keep wanting to contact you after each incident, but I haven't yet.' The light goes on in my head that Isabel must be biting her daughter. Awesome. She lives in Driftwood (bfe) and wants to get together at a park or something. I guess she's going to judge how I discipline Izzy and scorn me appropriately? Kidding. I know that's not the intent, but it feels that way. I had no idea that Isabel was just biting this one girl. I thought it was equal opportunity munching. It's also very clear in the handbook that they don't rat out the biter at her school so she/he doesn't become a social pariah. So wtf? I don't go to the park by myself with both kids because Logan can't walk and is putting everything in his mouth and Isabel doesn't know that she can't walk or jump off of 5 feet landings yet. A visit to the park involves me putting Logan in a carrier and running after Isabel with 20lbs of baby strapped to me. I can't imagine having to walk 2 inches behind Isabel with Logan trying to make sure she doesn't take a chunk out of this kids arm or face every 3 seconds. That sounds way too exhausting. I would be more ok with this if this mom came to me earlier (like oh, say in OCTOBER, when this started) and not when Isabel has been doing better and we only have 2.5 months of school left. Should be loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment