Sunday, August 12, 2012

House Stuff

Friday I decided that this weekend we were going to paint the kitchen.  I thought about doing the master bath, but decided that we should start with the kitchen.  I liked the idea of yellow in the kitchen, but really didn't like the current mustard yellow we had going on.  After getting some paint chips and samples we decided on provence cream by Benjamin Moore.  If you're currently painting with the cheap stuff from Home Depot/Lowes, stop and go get some good stuff.  You will thank me.  The coverage is amazing and it's super low VO2.  Win win.  It's a bit more $, but totally worth it.  Brian painted the kitchen while I was in the family room with the kids and there was no odor.  At all. Amazing.

Anyway, I taped everything off Friday while the kids napped and then we primed Friday night.  Brian is afraid that the art of priming is getting lost.  He swears it makes a huge difference.  After putting samples on primed vs unprimed walls I think he's on to something.

We finished priming Friday night and Saturday Brian started painting bright and early.  Isabel is not feeling good, so she just stayed on the couch and watched movies.  I think she has the flu.  High high fever and no other symptoms (I imagine she's achey, but she can't verbalize this right now).  She tried to jump on her trampoline and goes "I just can't jump today because my head hurts."  :-(  Lots of snuggles, popsicles, tylenol and movies for this little one.

Anyway, we finished the painting and it looks amazing.  I'm really happy with the results.  It's exactly what I wanted.  Brian came up with the brilliant idea of buying a flush mount light fixture for the playroom (it used to be the dining room and has a low hanging big fixture that we were always bumping into) and putting the current dining room fixture in the kitchen eating area.  We had a fixture that was ok, but had these dated 'crystals' on the bottom that Brian hated.  I was indifferent, but now that I see the change, it's a good one.  Why didn't we do this 3 years ago?!

Before.  Old light fixture and paint.

Before.  Mustard paint.

Before.  Mustard wall.

After.
After.  New light fixture.
Stupid blogger.  Not sure why this is here, but it's lunch in Gruene.
Add caption
Dancing in Gruene Hall
Grandma and Grandpa at Gruene Hal
August monthly picture for Aunt Jenn!  2nd to last one!
Logan feeling better after a bout with the flu.
Isabel before the flu hit her.
Making cookies with her fabulous Harrod's Apron.
Ready for Christmas!!!!
Logan got in on the cookie making action.  Too bad mommy just cannot bake.  For real.



After.


And since I'm dumping photos I'll dump some of Grandma and Grandpa's visit.


Watching a movie with Grandma.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment