Monday, March 11, 2013

Celebrating Grandma's Birthday and the Livestock Show

We loaded up the crew and headed to Houston on Friday night.  Traffic was a little heavy with Spring Break and SXSW starting.  The kids did really well on the ride over.

We headed to the Livestock Show mid morning and had some fun riding a few rides and listening to a little Disney show.  Grandma put Isabel's name in a drawing and she won a Blu Ray of 'Wreck it Ralph.'  Nice!  We saw some cows, horses, pigs, sheep, goats and bees.  We planted sunflower seeds in soil.  The line for the petting zoo was super long, so we skipped it.  Probably for the best since Isabel was getting a tiny bit wheezy around all of the livestock.

Saturday night we watched the new movie and ate popcorn.  Lots of popcorn.  Sunday we relaxed and went out to lunch, hit up Kid to Kid and loaded up some garage sale items in the truck.  We're going to participate in the neighborhood garage sale in mid April and wanted to help load things for Grandma and Grandpa in the truck since Grandpa isn't supposed to lift anything for a few more weeks.  We raced cars and watched Grandma open a few presents.

We headed back to Austin after nap time.  It was a little tougher ride than on the way to Houston.  Logan wanted to go back to see "Grandpa/Grandpa" and kept saying that he missed Grandpa.  It was cute the first 800 times.  This morning he woke up and said "where is Grandma?"  I guess they had a good time. Isabel keeps showing me her staples and scar. Haha.. I think grandpa impressed her with the new battle wounds.

Today Logan had therapy from 12-2pm.  Not the best times, but it ended up working out pretty well.  I took Isabel and we went grocery shopping while he was in therapy.  I've been going to Whole Foods and think I've finally figured out how not to spend Brian's entire paycheck on a weeks worth of groceries from there.  I've also found a good alternative to Nutrigrain Bars (Logan's favorite 'food').  It's an all natural, preservative free, organic pop tart type of thing.  I made homemade bars last week and, while they were delicious, I ate over half of them.  Not good.

This week I hope to clear out more clutter for the garage sale/Ebay, do some deep cleaning, and get Isabel's birthday party invitations made.  If I get really crazy maybe I'll even get some Easter decorations up.

No comments:

Post a Comment