Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Room Parent....M&Ms

We're in the 2nd week of school (for us).  Isabel continues to do really well.  She's making new friends and is slowly asking about her BFF from last year less and less.  Today when I dropped her off out of the blue she yells across the room 'MOMMY!' (at this point my 'INSIDE VOICE' yell is about to happen) YOU LOOK REALLY BEAUTIFUL TODAY!!!'  Oh my heart.  She must have known that I'm sick, feel like shit, have been eating like shit, haven't worked out, etc, etc.  What a way to make Mom feel good, right?!  Especially in my shorts with two tiny holes in the back pockets (I forgot and wore a thong for the first time in, oh, 5 years, today...hello butt cheeks) and pitted out shirt.  High five little miss!

I'm somehow room parent, but that's ok with me.  If we hadn't been gone the first couple of week of classes I would have volunteered anyway.  It's just so much easier with Izzy's allergies.  It seems like it should be a pretty easy job this year.  The teacher is amazing and said she prefers to plan most of the parties herself.  Score!  I think I'll just be in charge of teacher bdays and appreciation gifts.  We will go see the cardiologist tomorrow for her exam post-fainting spell.  Her regular pediatrician wanted her to see the cardiologist to be cautious.

Logan is still adjusting to his new class.  Actually, I think his teacher is adjusting to him.  She seems geniunly surprised by him.  This is the same lady who taught Isabel all last year.  She saw Logan all the time.  I'm not sure what she expected.  She has made a couple of concerning comments that lead me to believe that maybe he is not in the right environment.  I gave her Logan's OT's phone number today and I hope she calls her.  I told his OT what his teacher said about him and she was really surprised.  She told me that if I hear anything like that again to have her call.  So that's exactly what I did today.  Logan's evaluation with the school district is on Thursday.  I am really hoping that he gets into the program.  I would be very surprised and upset if he didn't.

Logan has been doing well.  He still is pretty rigid and tantrums frequently, but full meltdowns are becoming fewer and fewer.  His repeating has gotten SO much better, except with books, and where he holds consonants for a long time (can't remember what the clinical term is) has gotten much much better.

We have had a lot of stressors in the household recently and I remembered that we have tons of M&M bags leftover from the flights.  Bad bad thing to have in the house.  Sure, I could save them and give them away with Halloween candy (Isabel can't eat them because they are a 'may contain' food), but no, we just eat them.  So good.

We have family pictures this Saturday.  I bought a voucher last Christmas when my favorite photographer was having a promotion for a mini session that donated half of the amount to charity.  A cheap session and a charity donation?  Yes please!  I have the perfect outfits for everyone.  That never happens.  Usually I'm running around trying to find things that semi don't clash and I forget about myself and then end up wearing a black shirt.  Not this year!  I am ready.  I just had to get a tiny bit of pink nail polish out of the dress that a certain little princess will be wearing.

I think Brian and I both would kill for a date night.  It's been a really really really long time since we've gone out just the two of us.  I actually can't remember when it was.  My goal is for this to happen in the next 4 months.  It probably won't, but I can wish.
And I'm now very excited that New Girl is new tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment