Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Still cold


I love that it's still cold (sort of).  The high today was 46.  Yes, I will not be sweating when I walk to get the mail.

Last night we had one of Brian's coworkers over for dinner. I made some pretty good chili, cheddar biscuits and cornbread.  I was able to send Don off with lots of leftover chili and lots of chocolate chip cookies.  Isabel really helped making them and for the first time in almost ever they turned out awesome! Dare I say almost as good as Meredith's recipe?  Logan and Isabel both had really good days, but Logan melted down right in time for dinner.  Luckily our dinner guest has 4 kids and was very understanding.

Thursday we are celebrating Isabel's teacher's birthday.  I'm bringing both teachers lunch and cupcakes.  I stole an idea from last year and am bringing in a vase so that each student can being in a flower to fill he vase.  Hopefully it'll be a nice, unique arrangement.

We also have holiday parties next week.  Logan's is from 8-8:45am.  Not sure what I have to being for that yet.  Isabel's is next Thursday.  I'm making 21 gingerbread house 'frames' out of graham crackers with the other room mom.

I suppose I should start thinking about teacher/therapist/mail carrier/bus driver/Etc gifts.  Maybe some Christmas crack?  I need to check out Pinterest for some inexpensive ideas.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Twinkle Sparkle, has been pretty unoriginal at popping up each morning on new places.  Izzy's favorite has been on the milk jug.  One night I want to gift wrap the toilet....need more motivation for that.
I think he liked his special hot chocolate!
Twilight Sparkle

Her lovely 'headband.'


No comments:

Post a Comment