Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

What a great Thanksgiving!  Brian came home early and we headed off into the traffic around 12:30pm Wednesday afternoon.  

We got to Gramma and Grampa's house around 4pm.  We went upstairs for the big train reveal.  Oh my gosh.  My dad and mom have been working on this train se for a long time.  They probably have 100+ hours into the project.  It was so cool.  Logan was in heaven.  It was pretty awesome.  Izzy was pretty stoked too.


I had plans to meet up with coworkers from UT.  One of the ladies now works at the DPS crime lab in Houston.  I missed the lab tour, but heard some 'fun' stories.  After dinner and lots of laughs and meeting her 2 year old (ridiculously well behaved and adorable) daughter I headed back to my parents house with a nice headache.  I blame the Houston traffic.  I can't handle that anymore.  Madness.

Thursday I woke up and headed off to the 'Run Through the Woods' Thanksgiving 5 mile run.  I ran this 2 years ago during marathon training and right after running 7 miles TO the race and still ran this year 5 minutes slower.  Man I miss being in awesome running shape.  I got a text that Jenn and my parents were waiting for me at the finish line!  How fun is that?!  My sister flew in from Florida and her flight arrived at 7:50am!  I felt really great after the race, so definitely could have pushed a lot harder, but coming off of a nasty infection I didn't want to go too hard.  Plus I had food to eat.

We all headed to the Hawkes' house for Thanksgiving dinner.  So nice of them to host.  Everyone ate and had a good time and then it was time to rest.  Or watch football.

Friday I did some online shopping but wasn't into the Black Friday madness.  I HATE that stores are opening on Thursday now for 'Black Friday.'  So silly.  I still scored some good deals online in the comfort of a warm house sipping coffee.  Can't beat that!  We also saw the movie "Frozen."  So cute.  Izzy loved it and is asking when it comes out on DVD so that she can see it again.  Logan sat through the movie.  Barely.  He was asking to go home numerous times, but I was able to distract him and finish it.

Saturday we watched football.

Sunday we went to 'coffee and cars' and had lunch at Rico's.  Of course.  Logan got a haircut and Brian and Grandpa went to Best Buy to look at 'stuff.'  We drove home Sunday evening and everyone was tired.  So nice to be spoiled at Gramma and Grampa's house.

Such a great holiday.  So glad my sister was able to fly in for it.  The kids have missed Aunt Jenn!

The house is still a mess, but I don't care!  Back to the routine this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment