Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1st already



Wow, I can't believe it's October. Less than 3 months until Christmas! If it were up to me I would decorate for Halloween and then just skip over the whole Thanksgiving business and go straight to decorating for Christmas. Oh, how I love Christmas decorations. There's just something about the twinkling of colored LED lights that makes me smile. I even bought 2 packages of the C9's that we need to finish off the outlining of our flower beds at Costco a couple of weeks ago. As we learned last year after going to about 38 stores in search of the elusive C9 LED's, you have to get 'em when you see 'em! Our search for a new Christmas tree on clearance after Christmas failed last year, so we're getting one EARLY this year. I wanted to get one last weekend and put it up, but Brian said no. What a humbug.

In kid news Isabel is still super cute, but had a little pinching incident at school on Wednesday. Apparently she went around pinching kids and I guess got someone near the eye pretty good. Oops. She was probably trying to get more pizza as it was pizza day. Other than that she's doing great. She does love her sleep and gets super cranky if she's up before 8am. Yesterday she was up at 7:30 and it threw the entire day off.

Logan is sleeping a little better at night without the swaddle, but still kicking my ass during the day with his no-tiny naps. It's not a break if you only sleep for 20 minutes at a time kid! He's getting up 2-3 times at night, but Brian and I are still dragging out butts out of bed to workout in the terrible 5am hour.

I have a little project I'm working on that I'll post a picture of later on or this weekend. I'm going to take a picture of Logan and Isabel next to a sign and possibly a stuffed animal of some sort each month and send it to Aunt Jenn in Africa. I think it'll be neat to see how they grow each month. I really want this to take the pictures with:

It's a pastel critter chair from Pottery Barn Kids if certain Grandparents are reading. Christmas...hint hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment