Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day


After Brian got all ready to go to work this morning and was leaning in for the usual goodbye-have-a-good-day kiss I was like 'so nice, but you remember that you are watching Iz while I volunteer at L's Valentine Party, right?'  Brian:  uh, yeah.  Totally.  So, what do you want to do Iz? (Siblings are not allowed to attend parties)

I dry shampooed my hair and put some 'real' clothes on to head to the elementary school for some V Day fun.  I was in charge of the Alphabet bingo table with John's mom.  I totally forgot my ID so I was a complete rebel and didn't check in at the front office like the 49284 signs instructed me to.  Will not make that mistake again.  The kids in Logan's class are so cute.  I had fun helping them with bingo and handing out their prizes of play doh and stickers.  Logan did pretty well with me there.  I got to observe circle time.  After I put my stuff away I went to watch what they were up to.  Logan had a 'fidget widget' or whatever you want to call it.  Basically a sensory to so that he plays with it and doesn't bother the kids around him.  I was pretty bummed to see him with it.  He was the only kid with one and he was clearly not paying attention to the songs, etc because he was focused in on his fidget ball.  Not gonna lie.  It was very hard to watch.  I felt so helpless and just wanted to go over there and say 'Logan!!!  Let's sing this fun song!'  I know it's hard with 15 kids and 2 teachers (plus one aide), but as a parent it was really hard to watch.

Isabel has been doing amazing watching after her little brother.  She is super protective and will cut a bitch if you cross him.  Even Maddie has become very protective of him.  Iz and Log played outside for a long long time today while I cleaned out the car and the kitchen.  It was pretty great to see them playing and entertaining each other.

The girls got some nice flowers from the guys for Valentine's Day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment