Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Frozen Sing Along

I was all excited to go to the 'Frozen' sing along at the Alamo Drafthouse this weekend.  I walked upstairs with a coffee cup and my wallet in hand and went to buy tickets for tomorrow's show.  It was sold out!  No!  I quickly realized that we could go to any other theater and do the sing along thing, but they wouldn't have delicious food and maybe a glass of wine or a beer to go with the vocal stylings of IJM.  I bought tickets to a show at a 'regular' theater for today.  I was expecting it to be packed.  It was not.  It was in a huge theater and there were maybe 20 people there.  Perfect!  There weren't as many kids as expected for a Disney movie sing along, but it was still fun.  Logan was signing and Izzy was shy.  She finally got into it for "Let it Go" or "The Snow Glows White on the Mound Tonight" as she calls it.  It was fun.  The movie is really cute and I was excited to see it again.  Edited to add:  I just realized I typed 'signing' rather than 'singing.'  It made me laugh.

Seeing the movie is absolutely all we've done this weekend.  I did my usual Saturday gym routine and came home to eat ground beef and tomatoes.  I'm doing the cabbage soup diet because I'm doing a dietbet (the online game) and it ends on Wednesday.  I really want to win.  To win you just have to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.  I was 1/2 a lb away last week and then after having some pizza and a couple of beers I was back to almost where I started!  So, now I'm back to being 1 lb away.  It'll be close!  I hate the weekends for dieting!  They can really derail all of your hard work during the week.

Tomorrow we plan to clean and hopefully get at least a closet or two cleaned out and then watch the super bowl.  Go Denver!  I can't wait for the commercials!  It's hard to make yourself not try and fast forward through the commercials!

No comments:

Post a Comment