Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend of fun!


Last weekend I went to Houston....wait for it....alone!  Alone, as in no kids!
I turned up the radio, drank my lovely iced tea and had a glorious drive to Houston Friday.  It was my mom's birthday!  After some unpacking we sat down and watched some TV with wine and a fire in the fireplace.  So nice!  I didn't have to tell the kids to shut up (kidding!) or break up any fights!  After I went to bed I was out.  I haven't slept that well in years. 


 We woke up early Saturday morning for more unpacking and packing paper drop off at the recycling center.  I was treated to a lovely dinner at Perry's Steakhouse Saturday night.  It was delicious!!!
The famous porkchop.
Dad's steak.
My dinner.  The special.  I can't remember what it's called.  It was SO good.  I didn't have to chase kids or stop random screaming!

Sunday we all slept in.  Did someone unpacking and furniture rearranging and unloaded boxes at a family friend's house that needed them.  Then I headed back to the chaos in Austin.

End of Spring Break.  The beginning of the end of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment