Monday, January 21, 2013

No bed luck

So we went to a few more stores on Sunday, but no luck with a bed for Isabel. We did hit up a new to us 2nd hand store and found some barely used tap shoes for $9! I think I paid over $30 for a new pair when Isabel first started dance class. I'll never buy a new pair again as long as I can find used ones! Now I just need to find some ballet slippers. They had a couple pairs, but they were pretty gnarly looking. We were going to head up to our favorite resale shop, but got hungry and stopped by BJ's for salads and kid's pizza. It was really really good. I like to be a little snotty and turn my nose up on chains because I think I'm too cool for anything but local, unique restaurants. But I'm always really happy with BJ's and the beer is pretty good. It was a gorgeous day, so we sat outside. I always jump at the chance to sit outside when I can (usually it's 105 degrees and way too hot) because I don't feel so bad when Logan runs around and is loud. We had the patio to ourselves for a while and it was really really nice.

I bought a Groupon for this meal planning website called The Fresh 20 a couple of weeks ago. It is awesome! It uses 20 ingredients for 5 days worth of dinners for a family of 4. The cost is always around $75-80. You need to have staples on hand, but they are pretty spot on with the pricing and seem to estimate high. We always have leftovers, so it ends up feeding us for at least a week. Sometimes we will eat all of the leftovers for lunches, but the food seems to really stretch. The recipes have been really tasty. If you know me you know I'm a very non picky eater. I just like my food to be relatively healthy, but I'll pretty much eat anything. The kids haven't been thrilled with a couple of dishes. I think maybe they were too spicy. Oh, and the meals usually includes sides. The side dish is usually a salad or something similar.

Anyway, I just really like the plan. I like buying things like cilantro, carrots and celery and using them in multiple recipes so that they don't go bad.

Today was spent cleaning since we didn't do any over the weekend. 7 loads of laundry, vacuuming, sweeping and scrubbing the kitchen floor and tile. My absolute least favorite thing. I usually don't mind cleaning because the house looks so good and I feel like I've accomplished something, but the kitchen floor.....is just gross. No matter how much I scrub or clean it still looks dirty. The white tile has chips in some places and the tile is brown where it's chipped, so it looks like there is dirt on the floor. Oh well. One day we'll replace the floors.

I'm hoping to go on a nice long run in the beautiful weather tomorrow after I drop the kids off at school.

Oh, today Isabel randomly asked me if she could call me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment