Friday, June 28, 2013

Big week for the US of A!

I can't believe it's Friday!  Actually, that's a lie.  The week has been looong.  But...but so much has happened!  Between the things going on in the Texas Senate and the DOMA stuff, my head is about to explode!

And then there's Aaron Hernandez.  OMG!

Ok, on to things that actually happened in my home.  Well, not much.  I swear, it must be the heat, but I just can't seem to do anything around the house!  The A/C units are going almost constantly trying to cool the house.  The upstairs unit is especially getting a workout on this 106 degree day.  Yep, we set a record!  It still hasn't been nearly has hot as last summer, so I can't complain too much.  We've been spending most afternoons at the pool.  Not exactly relaxing for me, but the kids really love it.
I know you might have been confused, but this isn't me.  And this isn't our neighborhood pool.

Snack at the pool.
Dancing at the pool.
Logan has another follow up dental appointment.  All went well, but he STILL had some damn plaque buildup.  We're using a rotating brush on his teeth at least 2x's a day and flossing!  I'm like come ON.  What is the deal?!  It's so frustrating.

I also had a quick chat with his speech therapist and she was thinking about reevaluating him soon because he's made such huge strides in the past few months that she thinks he might be 'on target.'  Say whaaa?  That's huge!  I actually hope she doesn't cut us off, because obviously he's made such big improvements with her that I would hate for us to lose this momentum!

Logan also had his preschool conference this week.  I talked a lot about what it would mean if Logan has an ASD diagnosis in a couple of weeks and what our options are.  Logan's teacher taught for 14 years in the PPCS program, specifically with children on the ASD, so she is a huge help.  Our neighbor also happens to teach there too.  Coincidentally I caught her the same day I had Logan's conference and we talked for a long time about services, etc etc.  She is amazing.  She has a special needs child, so she has the unique perspective of being an educator and mom of a special needs child.  While our preschool teacher thinks it would be so great for Logan to be in the program, our neighbor definitely told me to proceed with caution.  It seems like I've been really getting 2 very different opinions from people I talk to this about.  Hopefully when he is done with his evaluation and we go over everything we'll have some more clarity.

Isabel has had a pretty good week.  She is growing up so fast.  Some of the things that come out of her mouth just floor me.  She's definitely not a toddler anymore.  She is very opinionated and competitive, but is so fragile right now.  She gets absolutely crushed when she's disciplined for something unexpected or when she doesn't get the attention she wants.  It's hard to see her feelings hurt.  She's very curious about family and who is in her family and when she gets to see them, etc etc.  We WeChatted with Joanne today and she was thrilled to hear her voice!  She's been watching "Ni Hao Kai Lan" and picking up some Chinese.  It's pretty cute to hear Logan and Izzy repeating words back in Chinese.


A very rare 'safe' ice cream treat for Isabel (and Logan).  She dresses herself.  You try to tell her completely different flower patters/colors don't match.  I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment