Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day weekend

Since Brian was gone last weekend I was really looking forward to this weekend. I had plans of getting everything sparkling clean and preparing delicious meals for Father's Day in my perfectly clean kitchen. So that didn't happen. I can't complain too much because Brian so rarely travels, but him being gone an entire weekend was hard. I really rely on the weekend to have a couple of hours to myself and get caught up on things that didn't get done around the house. So come Friday I was ready for a break.

I was going to insert a funny GIF about hoarders and messy houses, but it gave me such anxiety that I nixed the idea.  I have issues.

Isabel wine rover (this was auto correct.  I must say it was a good one.  Should have said WENT OVER) to Maddie's house for almost 5 hours on Friday. It made the house pretty quiet, but it also made Mommy Logan's #1 playmate. We played cars for HOURS. I would get up and try to do something and I would hear 'Mommy! Will you come pway wit me? Pweeze?!" How can you say no to that? We had some pretty fun 1 on 1 time. But the house stayed a mess.





I went to bed at 8:30pm Friday night. Felt so good. Saturday we woke up and decided to use our Groupon to go to the Austin Zoo. The Austin Zoo is great. It's about 15 minutes away from our house and we were in and out in 2 hours. We saw everything and had our picnic lunch. Perfect. It was cloudy and a little breezy, so the 94 degree weather was actually sort of pleasant.
How cute is Logan?!  He was very cautious.  And then the Lion sprayed us.


The Llamas were intrigued by a seeing eye dog in the vicinity.


How cute is this?!




After the zoo we came home, watched a show and decided to go do mini golf. In Dripping Springs. Again, we had a Groupon. It was deserted. We were the only people playing. Perfect for us! The kids were into it for the first half and then Logan was done. He was hungry and ready to leave. Isabel was still going strong, but once we totaled up the score card and she realized she didn't win the tears came out. OMG. This girl is SO competitive. She actually did get one hole-in-one!




We had dinner at BJs. Totally disappointing. :(. I hate wasting money on sub par food. I'll usually eat anything, but my fish was gross. Brian said his food was pretty bad too. The kid's meals were pretty good. We usually don't do dessert, but Brian was thinking a pizzokie thing would maybe make up for dinner. Nope. It was gross too. Grr

Today Logan decided that 5:15am was a perfectly acceptable time to wake up. Really? He usually sleeps until at least 7am. What a little jerk. He must have been so excited about Father's Day that he wanted to spend every second of almost daylight with Brian. Isabel not up shortly after and we made coffee. And then breakfast. Breakfast tacos. Eggs, bacon mushrooms and cheese. Those HEB freshly made tortillas are little pillows made from clouds. So amazing. Ever since Isabel has been cleared to eat eggs she only eats hard boiled. No scrambled. Luckily it's pretty easy to boil up eggs at the beginning of the week and give them out to her every morning.

After breakfast we headed to the movie theater to see 'Epic.' It was really cute. Logan and I left about 15 minutes before the movie was over, but izzy really liked it. I really liked what I saw too. Hopefully we can see this one on DVD soon.


I thought about making a fantastic dinner tonight, but unfortunately I just my back at the gym yesterday. It was so acute and immediate that I was worried I really hurt something. I've been living on a heating pad. It was really bad yesterday and this morning, but I THINK it's getting better tonight. I really hope so.

Anyway, it looks like pizza for dinner. The most we've eaten out in a really long time. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment