Saturday, June 8, 2013

Not My Best Work


If mothering, stay-at-home-moming, etc were a job....today I might have been fired.  I woke up with such fun plans.  We would go to the gym, return just one thing at one store, then go to the pool!  At the pool we would eat our delicious and nutritionally sound lunches and then head home tired and happy.  We would read book and play games and then it would be time for dinner and bath.  After bath time we would have a special treat.  Popcorn!  Everyone would fall asleep watching a movie and I would carry wee little ones up the stairs and tuck them in bed.

Instead the day went like this.  Stop screaming.  No, really STOP SCREAMING.  You are making my ears bleed.  We're going to the gym.  Why?  Because I said so and I need an hour break, that's why.  Ok team, wanna go to the pool?!  (said with much enthusiasm and joy).  You don't?  Really?  You just want to go to the pool in our backyard (the little baby pool).  Um, ok.  Isabel smashed a book in Logan's face getting into the car on the way home from our ONE LITTLE STOP.  I may have overreacted and told her she lost all of her privileges.  No TV, no pool, no sprinklers.  She actually asked me if she lost the privilege to eat lunch.  Oops.  Might have overreacted a teensy tiny bit.

So after somehow letting Izzy 'earn' her privileges back I filled up the pool and let the kids have some fun.  Logan lasted an hour and then wanted to come in.  I tried to get them to watch a movie because I desperately needed to clean the kitchen, but they wouldn't have it.  Logan pooped.  And then dragged his ass on the carpet like a dog trying to wipe his butt.  Lovely.  Then he pooped again.  In his pants.  Then again.  He is having some issues.  Poor guy.  Isabel and Logan both have colds and probably sinus infections.  The green snot is getting out of control.  They have both started to cough too.  Anytime Isabel coughs it's time to sound the alarms.  When she landed in the ICU it started with a cough.  So I've been giving her Xopenex and crossing my fingers it's just related to this cold and won't progress further.

After dinner making the kids' favorite food (tomato soup and grilled cheese) I thought we would have baths and a movie.  Why did they insist on jumping off the couch, wall, end tables, etc etc.  At the suggestion of our occupational therapist, we have one designated 'jumping chair' that I let them take the cushions out of and just jump and go crazy on.  They always have to push it.  Logan decided to try some new acrobatics.  I don't know how they have this energy, but it's amazing.

Logan had a truly spectacular week last week and then today the wheels just fell off.  He was whining and screaming most of the day.  He even reverted back to hitting himself.  It was frustrating and I felt like I did this all day long.
Did I mention that Brian is in San Diego for the SUDC benefit?  Well, he is.  I surprised him with airline tickets Thursday night.  He was not as excited as I expected.  I mean, almost 48 hours kid free in San Diego?  Yes, please!  Brian's exact words were (after telling him how much I pricelined the ticket for) "you should have gone cheaper."  Really?!  REALLY?????  He also said something along the lines of 'we should have donated that money instead.'  OMG.  I mean, I know he only really gets excited about soccer or Aggie football, but come on.  San Diego, SUDC benefit, beer.  Did I mention beer?!  But then I get this picture
and I know I made the right call.  He needs a little break.  Even if he doesn't know it.

Now I will go sleep with Isabel in her bed because I keep hearing coughing and I'm worried about her.  Since Logan is coughing too and they sound identical I don't know if she's really coughing a lot or if it's Logan + her.  Either way, it's unnerving.

I can't wait to get some pictures and post about the SUDC benefit.  If you would like to donate please head over here
Bikes and Brews Charity Bash
We would much appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment