Monday, June 3, 2013

Isabel's BFF and Grammy's birthday

This weekend we had Izzy's BFF's birthday party on Saturday morning.  We also had a surprise bday party for Grammy Saturday evening.  Sooo we knew we couldn't miss Maddie's party so we just sucked it up and did both.  Maddie's party was great.  Her Mom goes all out.  For real.  It was princess everywhere.  Tastefully done, of course.  This woman is Martha Stewart x 20.  Food, drinks, cake, a real princess, pool, inflatable water slide, etc etc.  Her house is spectacular and she really really knows how to decorate and plan parties. The rest of the moms were like this:
Then we went home.  Grabbed Tank.  Packed up.  Headed to H town.  The Wood to be exact (Brian would shoot me if I said that out loud)  We got there pretty early so headed around the old spots.  Saw our old RCC house.  It looked good!  And drove around frowning at the home depreciation in the area.  I'm sort of fascinated by home price trends.  I spend too much time on Zillow and other similar sites.

So we get to J and G's super cute house and it's decorated and waiting for the party to start!  G showed up with Chuy's and then erryone got crunk.  Ok, not really.  It smelled really good and I wanted to do a face plant in the creamy J sauce.  We surprised Grammy and it was fun.  I wore ridiculously high heeled shoes because, well, why the eff not?  I never get to wear them and damnit, I wanted to.  Who cares if it was to my MIL's 60th bday party?!
We promised the kids that they could go swimming Sunday.  It rained all morning.  We were going to go to Coffee and Cars, but it was rained out.  We settled for a little mall crawl and Best Buy.  I was literally foaming at the mouth thinking about grilling hot dogs.  Literally.  It was embarrassing.  Luckily my Mom had planned on grilling Sunday for lunch.  Woohoo!  Dreams really do come true ya'll!  I had a cheeseburger and a hot dog.  Yep, sure did!  I loved every bite too!

Isabel has been asking about this dolphin floatie thing for the pool.  It's almost life sized, so obviously I'm not buying it and bringing it to our local pool.  "Hey, what's up guys?!  Just me, my kids and my 8 foot inflatable dolphin!"  Anyway, Grandma and Grandpa had this thing waiting in their pool.  The look on Isabel's face when she saw it.  OMG.  I thought she was going to have an asthma attack.











1 comment: