Monday, June 24, 2013

Pool Time!

We didn't do much this weekend.  We went searching for something Brian needed.  We went to almost every store in the world.  Sunday we woke up and headed North to check out the outlet malls.  On the way there we stopped at Java Cafe.  It's this little breakfast place right by our old law school apartment.  The food is fantastic.  There is almost always a long wait.  We had to wait about 20 minutes, but ordered as soon as we sat down and our food was out in less than 5 minutes.  It did not disappoint.

Out running errands and we see Ms. Pink Sneaker Pony.
Logan admiring his train stamp on the little train at the outlet mall.
Logan was pretty excited to be riding the train.
Her face!

Brian left to go out of town Sunday evening and I put the kids to bed at 7:15pm.  Yep.  Earliest bedtime attempt ever.  By some miracle they both went right to sleep.  I was fully expecting them to be up around 4 or 5 am, but they slept in until 7am!  Logan got up around 5, but went back to sleep.  Who are these kids?!  They must have known I needed some time to recharge Sunday night.  Do you know what I did?  I thought about all I could be doing and then decided to take a 'nap' around 8pm.  I didn't get up until Logan whimpered at 5am.  It was glorious.
Isabel said she wanted to help Brian pack and then rolls in with her suitcase.  :-)

Today I took the kids to they gym and did 2 classes while they played and didn't miss me.  We came home, ate lunch and then packed up and headed to the pool.  For another 3 hour marathon.  We went to the new pool this time and it was really fun.  The last time we went (last year) it was packed, but today it was very quiet.  Isabel's school buddy was there too, so that made it fun.

After the pool I had to go to the store.  If they didn't have preschool tomorrow I would have put it off, but I knew that sending them to school with oyster crackers, cheese and carrots probably wouldn't go over too well.

Isabel asked for brownies.  I don't usual make baked goods, mainly because I just eat them all in a day, but I decided to make them for her.  She wanted to put jello and jelly on top of her brownie.  Ok.  Logan, being the awesome little brother that he is, just went along with it like it was a totally normal thing to do.  I asked him if he was sure he wanted jelly on top of the jello and brownie and he said 'yes' in that super cute enunciate every.single.letter way that he does.

They watched a little "Dumbo" *ps isn't that show super creepy?  What is with the Elephants Marching song?!  Can you say D.R.U.G.S?  Wow.

I put the kids to bed right at 8pm and they were DONE.  Ready to go to bed.  Yesss!


Snow White.


Brownie-blue jello-jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment