Monday, April 29, 2013

Logan's Therapy

I got a call yesterday from Logan's OT's office.  Apparently Logan has 3 sessions left before his insurance runs out for the calendar year.  I knew this was going to happen, but for some reason I thought we had another couple of months.  The receptionist is super nice and gave us some options a) try and get more sessions from insurance. b) switch to private pay and cut down his session frequency or c) take a break for a bit.

It's funny, I've finally been seeing some real progress with Logan.  The progress has been very very slow, but in the past 2-3 weeks I've really noticed improvement.  So I find it ironic that this is the week we get notice that therapy could end soon.  I'll break down exactly what our cost is under our insurance plan.  We pay 20% of all OT sessions.  This comes out to about $40/week.  This is after we met our $500 deductible.  We also pay $30/week for speech therapy.  So our total (after meeting our deductibles) is $70/week or about $280/month.  If we have to switch to private pay we will be paying $720/month for speech and OT.  Yeah, that hurts.

I put in a request for additional OT visits, but the billing lady said that our plan has a 'hard rule' about the number of visits.  I guess that means we don't have a good chance at getting additional visits, but I will try.  We can't afford $720/month for therapy so we will most likely drop down to OT once a week or even 2x's per month.  It was suggested that we could even take a break during the Summer with OT.  I would hate to do that, but we'll see.

Logan has his big evaluation with the developmental pediatrician in July so I'm hoping to at least continue therapy until then.  Hopefully in July we will either have a diagnosis or not.  Some days I'm certain Logan is on the spectrum and then there are other days where I'm just not sure.  I just want to give him as many tools as I can to make him as happy and successful as possible.  I'm really relying on Dr. Fasci to guide me through this.

After school we played out back in the water. After spending almost 5 hours cleaning the house a nice coffee and lemon water while relaxing in a chair were just the ticket. Now I just need to find motivation to make dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment