Monday, January 27, 2014

California Visitors

This weekend Uncle Matt and Aunt Lindsay came into town.  They arrived from Houston Saturday afternoon and we packed up and went to the Black Star Coop.  A beer coop with some good food.  I had a delicious chicken sandwich and Logan had some yummy Mac and cheese. I brought Izzy's food and she was totally fine with that.  I'm much more comfortable bringing her food to places we've never eaten at before.  The kids were very pleasant and it was a low key dinner.  

Saturday we got up and went to the Architects of Air Exhibit downtown.  We tried going for the past 3 years with no luck.  Either the lines are too long or it was sold out.  This year we did it!  Only about an 80 minute wait.  Luckily the weather was beautiful so the kids ran around while we waited in line.  Not really sure I would go again.  It was cool, but no way I would wait the 4-5 hours people waited last year.  Logan did ok but it was clear he was on sensory overload.  We weren't in there too long when he said he wanted to leave and started covering his ears.  He was having a hard time.

Can you believe I was all set with the new camera to take pictures and my battery died?!  So annoying!  These are fromy phone. Sure wish I had the nice camera!
Waiting to go in.
All of the light inside is natural light.  There aren't any lightbulbs or anything.  Pretty cool!

After that we headed over to Jester King Brewery.  Such a gorgeous day!  Once again I packed food for Izzy (and Logan). Just easier than dealing with calling ahead, etc.  This place is sort of in the middle of nowhere so I wanted to be extra careful with the food.  Luckily Izzy couldn't care less about food at this point.  It sure was family day at the brewery.  Almost everyone had kids and the place was packed!  Such a change from 2 years ago when I went last.
Special treat-Izze's!
My thumb photo bombed the pictue!

When we got home Logan was on total exhaustion overload.  He was totally wired.  It was crazy.  Matt and Lindsay took off (I'm sure they were more than reasy to say bye to the kids!) and I immediately got the kids bathed and ready for bed.  Put Logan down at 6:30pm and izzy followed shortly after.  Izzy woke up a few times during the night  (just wouldn't be normal of we did t get women up at least 3xs with someone needing something) bit Logan slept until 7:00am!!!!  He must have been totally exhausted!

Tomorrow school is on a 2 hour delay.  I have a feeling it might be cancelled again. (It was cancelled last Friday).  We just can't handle sleet and snow in Texas!  And I mean that not in a 'oh you guys are pansies' way but in a 'we had almost 300 wrecks on Friday because of ice' way.  Our cars, roads, and emergency crew just can't handle winter weather.  We don't know how to drive on it either!  No shame there!

No comments:

Post a Comment