Thursday, January 23, 2014

I've had better days


I am so glad that today will be over with in about 90 minutes.  It was a very very bad day.  Logan was not regulated at all and was sensory seeking to the extreme all day.  He now gets dropped off 1st off of the bus rather than last. That means 30 less minutes of kid free time on Tuesday and Thursday.  I think he was taking a cat nap on the bus and the bus driver and aide were thinking it would be beneficial to me to not have him sleep on the bus so that he could take a longer nap at home. Since he won't nap at home now he doesn't get any nap.  Not a huge deal, but today was ROUGH.  He was screaming or crying or both almost the entire day.  I haven't had a day like that since he was totally non verbal.  Brutal.  



Isabel had a good day, despite having a couple of tough days herself this week.  There has been a sort of fight to get the alpha female's attention at preschool lately and I think it has left izzy feeling self conscious and her self esteem has taken a little hit.  There have even been tears at drop off.  Her teacher is the best and has really been helping her and wrote me a very sweet email today.

I had bunco tonight with the moms group.  Our moms group merged with another one so things are a little strange right now.  Lots of new friends, policies and procedures.  I wasn't really looking forward to tonight, but it was actually a lot of fun.

It is currently sleeting with a 60% chance of SNOW!  I'm sure AISD will be on a 2 hour delay tomorrow but they like to wait until 5am to announce it.  Logan still has 1 hour of preschool.  So stupid.  I would much rather keep him home, but now that he's in the school district I have to have an excuse for his absences and the last time he was delayed I kept him home for a 'cold.'  Might look suspicious if I did it again.  :)

Matt and Lindsay are coming this weekend for a visit!  Yay!  Now we need to clean.  My plans for cleaning were totally thwarted by Logan's extreme behavior today.  Hopefully I can get some things done tomorrow, but I'm supposed to have Maddie over to play.  Fingers crossed.  The weather is supposed to warm up and be beautiful saturday and Sunday.

Stay warm everyone!  It's almost Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment