Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Exhausted

This has been one of those really really really trying weeks for our family.  It has been physically and mentally exhausting.  I can't believe it's only just Wednesday.  Monday started off on the wrong foot. I skipped my early morning workout.  Gasp.  I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is to me and I always think about how I'm going to make it up until I do make it up. If I'm sick, it's no big deal, but I wasn't sick.  I wasn't even particularly sleep deprived.  I actually got about 6.5 hours of sleep, when my norm is 5.5 to 6.  I was just sooo unmotivated and the thought of lifting weights was dreadful.  So I beat myself up all day and got in an hour run while the kids napped.  Bad decision.  I was cranky the  rest of the afternoon.

Tuesday Isabel had a follow up with her PCP.  She is doing fine and he told us how he wants us to wean her off of her meds.  I have a feeling we won't get all the way off before she gets a cold and needs them again, but at least we have a goal and plan.  She also got a flu shot and was very brave.  But that cut into her preschool time so I had about an hour and a half to myself to workout on Tuesday.

Today we had to wake the kids up for Logan's big appointment at 8am up north.  I haven't decided how much I want to go into it on the blog since this is a public blog and I want to respect Logan's privacy.  Basically we're going to start occupational therapy weekly after his initial evaluation in a couple of weeks.  The thought of this is exhausting.  Mentally, emotionally, and frankly, financially.  If you know the company that Brian works for you know that obviously Brian won't be getting a raise  this year, or anytime soon, so making school, activities and all of these new medical expenses work is very challenging.

I'm hoping tomorrow both kids can go to school for the entire 4.5 hours and that I won't have to spend an hour at drop off.  I have so much stuff to do around the house.  Isabel has been in rare form this week.   Don't know what her problem is, but she has been a pill.  She is usually helpful and listens pretty well, but the last couple of days have been bad.  Really bad.  Reeeeaaaaallllly bad.

Here are a few pictures from our happier times this week.

1 comment:

  1. Occupational therapy has helped both of my boys so much. I really cannot state how much it has helped as it has been the most useful thing in helping them be able to manage any task related to gross and fine motor skills and snesory processing.

    ReplyDelete