Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm such a sucker for holiday clothes!

Why do they have to be SO cute!  I see all of these Facebook sales and some of the stuff is adorable.  I'm a sucker for Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff.  Add some smocking and I just about hit the 'buy' button.  To my delight Isabel's favorite clothes are her smocked bishop dresses and anything with a tutu.  She HAD to wear her Hello Kitty Halloween outfit today.  It was adorable.  She even found some (of my) Halloween socks to match.  She tells me every day that Halloween is 'tomorrow.'

But yes, I am a sucker for holiday/smocked stuff.  The smocked pumpkin pant set I saw today was so tempting.  But then I looked over at the counter where at least $300 worth of medication is sitting and come back to reality.  Even before our recent visit to the hospital I put myself on a no internet shopping rule.

Sometimes I wish I was a millionare, but then I look over at Isabel and think of how lucky I am that she's ok and that we have enough money to cover things like emergency care, doctor's visits, medicine and food and don't think twice when a certain medicine is 2x's as expensive, but has fewer cardiac side effects.  Our pediatrician's office takes medicaid patients and also caters to the well off Tarrytown folk, which I think is great.  I've heard from people who use medicaid (mostly foster parents who's foster kids are only covered through medicaid) who have said it is so hard to find quality doctors that will accept medicaid.  I wish all parents could take their kids into the doctor's office or ER and not have to worry about how they're going to buy food or diapers for the next week.

Edited to add:  FYI, we are NOT the well-off Tarrytown folk mentioned in this post.  :)  Just wanted to clarify.

So it looks like we'll be replacing the carpet in Isabel's room sooner rather than later.  We've been planning on doing it for a while, but now it needs to happen.  With cold/flu season coming up we just have to get the carpet out and some solid flooring in.  Anyone want to come help us?!  We'll pay you in food/beer/kid smiles/screams or all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment