Sunday, September 23, 2012

Logan's first movie!

We hit up the early showing of Finding Nemo on Saturday. It was Logan's first movie theater experience. He lasted about 1/2 way through and then got restless. I took him out and he had fun 'playing' the arcade games. Isabel got a little bored too. I think seeing a movie in the theater that we've watched at home at least 5 times (including the night before) was not the smartest move. We were in the special 'sensory friendly' showing, so the lights were kept up and the sound wasn't as loud. There were quite a few kiddos with sensory issues and/or autism. I thought it was great! I was so much more relaxed with Logan and wasn't worried about him disrupting everyone else. He actually did really well but wanted to run around when he got bored. Even 45 minutes of sitting still was considered a great success for a 2 year old boy in my mind!
Finding Nemo here we come!
 
4 please!
Happy boy!


Somebody LOVES popcorn.  Had to cut her off!


So excited!

After the movie we came home and had lunch and naps before meeting up with friends for dinner. We were all decked out in our aggie gear and a sweet friend took some pictures for us.
This is her thrilled face.

That's better.

Mi familia.

Today we stayed in and played most of the morning. There have been ozone alerts the past couple of days and the allergy forecast for today was horrible so I didn't want Isabel outside much. The kids started getting super restless after lunch so I told izzy I would take her to look for a necklace for her Halloween costume. We walked around the mall for about an hour and a half. She took her necklace finding mission very seriously. She also found a ton of other things that she wanted. I was so proud of her though. Every time she asked for something I told her no and why we can't just buy everything we want. She actually acted like she understood and even told me that she was saving her money to go to Disneyworld. Proud mom right here! We saw the Hello Kitty kiosk and I knew it was trouble.

For some reason Isabel has a fascination with Hello Kitty. This kiosk was all Hello Kitty. We looked at some things and she saw a headband with a pink sparkly bow and a Hello Kitty in the middle. I talked to her about how it cost money, etc etc and she nodded like she understood, but then the silent tears came. Soooo sad.  :( She was trying so hard. I know that the lesson is such a greater gift than buying her what she wants, but how hard is it to say no to a brave girl trying to understand?!  It was all I could do not to buy the whole damn kiosk for her.  I told her that maybe she could put it on her Christmas list and ask santa. Meanwhile I secretly bought the $8 headband (what a ridiculous markup) and will keep it for Christmas.  I couldn't risk it not being there for Santa to buy later on!

So we went to Homegoods because I needed a pillowcase. While we were there she spotted the pink bag in my purse and grabbed it. I screamed 'NOOOO!!!!' Like a crazy person. She dropped the bag and didn't look inside, but holy crap, talk about a close call!



Hello Kitty kiosk.  I do not understand the fascination.
Can I get this?  One of the many headbands at The Children's Place
Very happy with her necklace for her costume.  She said "send a picture to Gramma please!"





No comments:

Post a Comment